Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...


Hi everyone!First let me say things went from crazy to INSANE in a blink of an eye so I've had a hard time getting to my blog but I'm glad to say I'm back. Mahalo for being patient!

We've all watched someone win an Oscar, they stand on stage, pull out a piece of paper and thank everyone who's ever helped them get to where they are. They thank the people who stood by them when times were bad, the people who helped them get to the times that were good and everyone in between. Everyone has their own Oscar, a goal weight, a marathon, a move up the career ladder, a life milestone.Why wait until you "win" to thank those who got you to where you are? My mom has been an amazing source of strength and support for me, encouraging me every day with her words and her actions. I am fortunate to have old friends who loved me in my old life style and stuck with me through the transition into the new. And now I have new friends who share my experiences, that can relate to the struggles and share in the triumphs. I have a long list of people to thank and I'm not waiting for an Oscar to thank them! Take some time in your day to reflect on who you'd thank in your Oscar speech and then call them, email them or write to them and let them know! - Thank you for everyone who has encouraged me to write, whos found inspiration in my journey and who have shared their own! Yes you made it on my Oscar list!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider myself blessed to have made it on your oscar list! Lex, you amaze me with your courage day in, and day out. Where would I be without you?

Mahalo for writing this blog. And mahalo for the many-more-blogs-to-come! Aloha au iā 'oe! (Hope that's correct!)

Lexy said...

Mahalo nui loa Ali! It means so much to me that you took time to learn that in Hawaiian!

Mesha said...

...don't make me cry, not now, not at work. waking up to your FB message started me on the right foot and it's just consistently gotten better since then. I actually OFTEN try to thank those who are helping me along the way, I know I probably wouldn't be as far along as I am now if it wasn't for them. For friends (like you) who have challenged me when I didnt' see the strength within myself. For friends and family who loved me big and well...still big but getting smaller. for co-workers who have made it an condusive atmosphere and catered events around me (that speaks volumes!) Customers, cashier's at the local store, gym employees, aerobics buddies - seems like I have a support system no matter where I go and I'm truly blessed for that. Jillian Michaels email of today actually was about buidling yourself a support system which I didn't find ironic at all because YESTERDAY i sent out my results email to our competition participants and my "Tip of the week" was:

Demesha’s Quick Tip: HELP! Surround yourself with friends & family who encourage your weight loss efforts, not sabotage them.

i am so thankful to have you as one of those supporters that surrounds me with love and who truly believes in me. :)

((HUGS)) <--like the touchy feely guy...ah hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Demesha...are you really Jillian Michaels? ; )

Alexis, I love this! You are so important to me and to my journey. You are so strong and encouraging to me. I don't know where I would be without you guys. This is such a great idea for a blog and you do deserve an Oscar! You have already changed your life in such an amazing way. You guys are making me want to learn Hawaiian! So I'll end this by saying: "Aloha au iā ‘oe"

~Val

Post a Comment

Followers