Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Birthday without an old friend

Its my birthday today and for the first time in my life, I will not be celebrating it with cake! It will be my first birthday with my new relationship with food as a fuel source and not a friend. Its a friendship I am better off without. Instead, I am recognizing all of the wonderful things my mind and body have done since my last birthday and will respect my body by giving it what it really wants and needs, the same healthy foods and workout just as i do every other day. It is however a special occasion today so I'm packing up the snorkel gear and heading to my FAVORITE snorkel place to spend the day, Just me and the fish! What a great time to reflect and relax! And if you want to celebrate my birthday with me, you'll reward your body with something healthy for it too!

8 comments:

Anna said...

YAY! Happy birthday! Who needs cake....when you have your whole life back!

Anonymous said...

Celebrating all day, girl. In honor of YOU! = ) I love you, HAVE FUN SNORKELING!! = )

Ruru said...

Happy Birthday Pookie! :) When you go snorkeling, give Pudge the Fish a peanut butter sandwich! And no tuna fish sandwiches or you would be an abomination! ;) Love you!

Lindsay & Ed said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on reaching your tree, and I hope you had an amazing birthday snorkelling! I also just wanted to tell you that I've been inspired by your blog, so I've also started up one of my own to keep me on track throughout my own lifestyle change and weight loss journey! I'm looking forward to sharing your journey - you're awesome!

I'm still very much a newbie at the whole blogging thing, but feel free to check it out: http://lindsay-losinglindsay.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday again!

Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Snorkeling is SO much better than cake!!! (Especially if you live in MN!)
Seriously it's one of my favorite things to do. I just had my birthday and the cake issue was a big one for me. My family was very excited about the cake, but I just didn't want to feed it to them or myself. GOOD for you for making a great decision today!
and again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY-here's to a year well lived!
Cheryl from MN

Kaci said...

You go girl!! My daughter...shockinly doesn't love cake. So she'd be happy to go snorkeling with you. :)

Mesha said...

I CELEBRATED YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH YOU... :)

i had cake - but it was angel food with fresh berries.

at work the brought a fruit tray instead of cake when I let them know two weeks early that I'd appreciate it if they didn't buy me a cake or other junk food sweets. :)

Mesha said...

...proud of you and your choices...

Post a Comment

Followers