Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dont forget to laugh!

First of all, let me say how much I appreciate all of the encouragement that has come from everyone, I had a major workout tonight that involved an hour walk in sand and then an impromptu 10 mile hike home, it gave me alot of time to meditate and reflect and I spend most of those 10 miles thinking about all the wonderful support we have all shared with each other. OK so I was thinking, the blog has been pretty serious and its really about time to laugh a little. I LOVE to laugh and its very healing so here's a funny story! Go ahead and share it with someone in your support group or share one of your own! Lets start laughing everyone!

Ok so Bob Harper loves unleashing the Burpee challenges on us challenge followers ( a burpee is when you drop to a push up,jump into a squat and then to a jump and reach into the air and then go back to a push up) My first burpee challenge was kind of pathetic, I was just starting out and could hardly move my body to do just one. By the time the second Burpee challenge rolled around, I was excited to hit the ground! By then I had already started to lose weight fast and my clothing was really starting to sag most notably was my ever disappearing boobs, leaving my DD cup with lots of extra room. So I warmed up by walking to my local park, stretched on the grass, cranked up the ipod and started counting 1Burpee... Two Burpee... I noticed my pants starting to creep down so I stop and pull up my pants 3 Burpee... I got to 14 and I was on my last one. I was tired but wanted to finish strong so I gave it my all on my last jump squat and thats when IT happened... I had jumped so hard that not only did my bra fail to "contain" me but my pants AND underwear were now at my ankles! I pulled up my pants so fast but it was too late, people in the park were already snickering so I just tucked my boobs back in my bra and walked home holding tight onto my pants and laughing the whole way! Have a great workout today! :0)

PS If you mention burpees on Bob's facebook page, he will make SURE that he includes a burpee challenge... just a warning! haha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS CLASSIC, GIRL! You rock! Bah hahaha! I loved this and will definitely share it! Too funny!!!!

Valerie said...

Hahahahaaha! That's so funny, Alexis! It's a good feeling to have your pants around your ankles in that kind of situation, though : ) I love it when my clothes start falling off!

I am so proud of your hike yesterday. That is amazing...and after walking an hour in the sand too! You are really doing this, Alexis. Thanks for the inspiration : ) I think of all you guys when I am working out too...it gives me something more plesant to think about than the pain of whatever "torture device" I selected for the day. Love ya, gal! Keep it up. I hope your hip feels better today.

Anna said...

Oh Alexis, I dunno if I want to laugh or cry! LOL@ I would have been mortified!! WOW! But I am proud of you for keeping moving! YAY!

Cindi Roberson said...

I am laughing out loud. That is a great story. Hopefully you have purchased better fitting clothes : )

Kaci said...

Oh man!!! Laughing and crying with you.

That happened to me when I was running...my boobies just sagged right underneath my bra...of course I was running at the gym and of course I was running next to two very "curious" men. My face was already red from working out so they didn't know how mortified I was.

Mesha said...

oh my...that is SOOO funny! i love it! absolutely love it!

it's crazy how we lose weight in our boobs isn't it...that's the first place i started losing and at time seems to be the ONLY place i'm really losing unfortunately. i went from a G cup to a DDD.

Post a Comment

Followers