Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Don't get tunnel vision!

Today a dear friend of mine, who is on her own weight loss journey, asked me what my plans were for the day. I told her my workout plan and my daily challenge that I was to do and she said something that totally took me off guard... She said don't get tunnel vision! At first I was like what is she talking about? I have a very diversified life! I even found me defending myself... I do a lot of things, I work out, I do workout challenges with my sisters, I obsess over my food journal, I research nutrition online, I count calories... hmm maybe she had a point. I have been so focused on my weight loss that I really haven't left room in my life for anything else. Today I played in the rain - without thinking about how many calories I was burning or what nutritious meal I was going to make for lunch. The whole purpose of a healthy lifestyle is being able to live life with a a balance. I realized that in the quest of having that healthy life, mine was at the cusp of becoming exactly the opposite. Taking time to do something outside of the' weight loss" box doesn't make you less committed or have less drive, it means your taking one step closer to having what you want, BALANCE. I'm an artsy crafty person and so this weekend I'm making time to do an art project, take some time this weekend and do something that will take you out of the tunnel vision. And thank any friend you may have that loves you enough to be honest with you!

2 comments:

Kaci said...

I took your advise this weekend and scrapbooked for 2 hours. I haven't done that in a long time. :) Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

You mean there is more to life than obsessively counting nutritional info!!! Good point. I think I will take the time this weekend to do some paper mache with the kids!

Post a Comment

Followers