Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Updated things they don't tell you about weight loss..but should

Ok, so there are some things I wish I had known so that I would have been prepared when starting to lose weight so I think we should just get them out in the open now so no more people go without knowing.

1. When people start to notice you are losing weight, they will offer you unsolicited diet and exercise advice, everyone from friends and family ( who haven't seen a gym in their lifetime) to the checkout lady at the store... and most of it will be bad advice! Stick to what you know works for you.

2. Ladies, if you have a lot of weight to lose and you start dropping pounds, you will wake up one morning and wonder who where your boobs have gone and ask yourself how could you have misplaced them! I didn't drop cup sizes until the past 3 months when I went from a DD to a C.

3. No one looks cute working out if your doing it right. Don't waist your time fixing your hair, putting on makeup or looking for a workout outfit that makes you look good because in the end, your hair will be a mess, sweat will be running down your face and your clothing will be soaked... be proud of looking like a hot mess, its a sign of a job well done.

4. When your working out and eating right, your going to lose weight and your body shape will change. Don't rush to buy new clothing every few pounds, you'll be broke! Wait until your clothing doesn't fit properly and then only buy essentials because it won't be long before you shrink down to the next size and places like Goodwill are a great place to buy clothing cheap when your changing sizes fast!

5. No matter how much cocoa butter you lather on, its not going to shrink the extra skin you have once you've lost weight. But think of it this way, you could be healthy and have loose skin or you could be sick and overweight... not a real hard decision.


6. Cheryl from MN said One thing I've learned in the past year is that working out is tough and should be. Most of the time the next day is sometimes even hard because you're in pain. I've learned to not be afraid of the pain. It's there because you pushed yourself. It's NOT going to kill you. It's actually what's keeping you alive.

7. Ali Trier said They should tell you that just because you don't LIKE a work out doesn't mean it won't WORK. Usually the things you hate most work the BEST. = ) If I had known that, I would have ventured out to try new things sooner!


Add something to the list and I'll re post it with the additions! Either tag in a comment or email me at alexis.mundis@gmail.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT blog you have! We've never met, but I read it every day. Thanks for all that you share.

One thing I've learned in the past year is that
working out is tough and should be. Most of the time the next day is sometimes even hard because you're in pain. I've learned to not be afraid of the pain. It's there because you pushed yourself. It's NOT going to kill you. It's actually what's keeping you alive.

So bring on the pain!
Cheryl from MN
www.momenttochoose.blogspot.com

Lexy said...

Thanks Cheryl, I know what you mean. I used to think pain in a workout meant i could take a few days off afterwards

Ruru said...

Hey Lexie,
You know me as a person who rarely, if ever works out or eats right. Well, remember when I got severely sick and lost all that weight? There is nothing more depressing than people who used to say to me "You lost all that weight because of Staph food poisoning? I wish I got that! That sounds like an easy way to lose weight!"
Umm... no, you don't want that! Working out can be painful, I give it that, but it is NOTHING compared to that week and a half (or more... I've had food poisoning 3 times in my life) of being severely sick.
I guess what I wanted to say is that the easy way is not usually the way to go. If I had had a choice between losing weight from food poisoning or by a healthy exercise and diet, I would have chosen the exercise and diet. Not only will your body thank you, but you a feeling of accomplishment and pride.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for psoting updates! I am loving the comments as well!

Post a Comment

Followers