Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Hidden Hills

So last night, I stepped on the scale, I NEVER weigh myself at night but something urged me to step on there and check it out. I was shocked to see that I had hit my first weight goal for myself. I had said I was going to to hit it by my birthday July 20th, but I did it sooner! Now it's exciting to have lost as much weight as I have but I still have another 100+ lbs to lose and I guess its been weighing on my mind. Last night I had two separate dreams and both of them went the same way. I was going about my business in a kitchen but I was cooking awful meals ( first dream it was hot dogs and baked beans with marshmallows on top.. gross... and the second one was mac and cheese with a pound of butter and a pound of bacon) and in both dreams, I ate it all, without even thinking about the consequences until AFTER I had finished eating it. I had this overwhelming sensation of fear and disappointment and then I would wake up in tears and the second time I woke up in a full blown panic attack. Is it silly to have such a strong reaction to a dream about eating food? yes and no. On one hand, I know that it was just a dream, but on the other hand I also know just how quickly all of my hard work can be reversed from careless mistakes and moments of weakness and after losing the first 100+ and still having another 100+ to go is like struggling to walk up a big hill and when you get to the top, only to realize there is a second, even bigger hill around the corner. While most people would give up before even attempting the second hill, I have something that most people do no... I have a support group of people who are on the same journey as me that encourages me along the way. When I woke up this morning, I knew I needed some words of encouragements and support and like EVERY morning, I found them waiting for me in my email box and on facebook. If there is ever one bit of advice I would give to anyone who is wanting to start a new healthy lifestyle, it is find a network of people to support you who are going through the same thing. Things can get a little rough and there are always bigger hills hiding around the corner but your support will be there to help you through it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so FUNNY because you just took the words out of my mind. I never would have been able to convey them this beautifully, so thank you, but seriously...I know that we should not rely on anyone to help us through our journey, BUT I do have to say that a support system helps! They help you get that extra mile!! And I am SO GLAD you are part of MY support system Alexis! You push me every day by asking questions and being interested in my life. I am so thankful for you, and thankful for this blog. SO TRUE!!!

Anonymous said...

PS- CONGRATS ON YOUR 100 LB MARK! YOU ARE AMAZING AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! Here's to the next 100 we have to lose! (I still have 110 to lose!!!!)

Mesha said...

congrats on your milestone reached, that is awesome. :) also, MY BIRTHDAY IS JULY 20TH TOO, that's pretty sweet. I'll be 24 which seems just so crazy to me. Life definately hasn't gone like I would have "planned" for myself as I would have been married 3 years ago and already been working on one baby right now, but obviously we know life doesn't always work that way. I'm happy to be heading in the direction I am by 24 though, and that's a healthier lifestyle. Happy early birthday and congrats again on the accomplishment.

Kimberly Michalski said...

Good advice. Congratulation on your success, btw. Keep up the great work!

Blessings,

Kimberly

Valerie said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! I love it, Alexis. I couldn't agree with the support group more. I have never felt quite as capable of achieving weight loss as I do now, and I know it's because of the support group I have found in all of you guys. It's soooo nice to have a group of strong women who share the same joys, trials, and tribulations and who are willing to share those with one another so we can all learn and grow (er...well...shrink I guess ;) I love you, lady! I am so proud of you hitting the 100 pound mark. That's absolutely amazing, but it doesn't surprise me coming from a strong person like you. As to the baked beans with marshmallows, *gag*...that is hysterical. I can completely relate to crazy dreams that will ruin your day. I have a mac and cheese recipe that you should try...you don't even need butter:

HG's Too-EZ Mac 'n Cheese


Ingredients:
1 package Green Giant Family Size Cauliflower & Three Cheese Sauce (freezer aisle)
2 cups uncooked Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Rotini Pasta (or another whole-wheat or whole-wheat-blend pasta)
3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
Optional: salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box, and then drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the cauliflower & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 12 - 16 minutes, until sauce has melted and cauliflower is hot.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Set aside. Unwrap cheese wedges and place in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, and then add to the bowl.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the Laughing Cow cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and cauliflower are coated in cheese sauce. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS



Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 202
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 825mg
Carbs: 36g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 8.5g

POINTS® value 4*

And by the way, if you haven't ever checked out "Hungry Girl" it's certainly worth it. They have some of the most awesome recipes for "diet no-no food that isn't so no-no."

Post a Comment

Followers