Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NYNL - I haven't forgot!

So I know I didn't post my weight this weekend, its been crazy around here with the knee and all. Things are going well, I've been working hard and finding ways to burn calories. I hopped around a native plants nursery on crutches for 3 hours and it was a blast! I also have been doing lots of crunches... loads of them haha Food has been good, I've been extra careful about what I'm eating. Today was my high calorie day, I had fresh made poi from my new friend at the nursery... if you've ever made poi, you'd know what a labor intensive process it is because you have to pick the taro, harvest the root, clean cook and peel it, then pound it and I felt honored that he gave me some... ok enough about my new nursery friend!! I also had a piece of salmon Poke that was Ono'licious! I could have eaten a whole thing of it but instead I just had one bite. High calorie days for me are not about having a free for all, they are about allowing myself a day of food that I wouldn't normally eat within a 2000-1800 calorie range but I still keep my choices healthy and nutritious. My body still needs to function and it cannot function on crap! Fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean proteins - life is good when you keep it simple. I'm going to miss having all these wonderful fruits and veggies right in my back yard year round... I think I'm missing Hawaii before I've even left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers