Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Searching for Pono

There is a hawaiian word Pono that means the balance in life that we should strive for. When things are Pono in your life, you live in balance with yourself and others... I am in need of Pono. I used to think that living my life in balance meant that I got everything I wanted all at once and THAT was balance. That I'd have the right job, the right friends and that everything would be just the way I wanted it. That is not balance, that is having everything you want. Being in balance is being ok with the things that are not how you want them and working to make them better. Balance is not when I put myself on one end of the scale and everything else on the other side and try and make them level out, balance is when I put myself in the center and put everything else underneath me and if it supports me, I keep it, if not, I get rid of it. Balance should NOT be a daily struggle for me, if it is, its because of myself not because of life. I choose to keep and get rid of what I feel I need and do not need - be it food, habits, relationships and invest my time in improving the things that I want to work on like a career, finances and health. There is just only so much I can control and what I do control I need to make sure I am defining it properly. Had I not realized that I was waisting my time looking for a "balance" that does not exist, I woulda spent the rest of my life searching for Pono instead of living in Pono. Today I stopped searching and started living.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers