Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Embrace You

I know I've been bad at blogging lately but i've been reinspired to keep writing. There's something odd going on in my life, a constant undercurrent of discontentment and for the longest time, I kept telling myself that there was something wrong with me. I mean losing weight and trying to live a healthy lifestyle is supposed to bring about happiness right? so then why do I find myself ALWAYS searching, always feeling like there is somewhere to be moving to, some void needing to be filled. Its something that has been on my mind for weeks now and it really wasn't until a long walk under a full moon that it all really made sense to me. Was there something wrong with me? Could it be that I am incapable of being satisfied with my life? The truth of what is happening is farthest from what I initially thought. Life before weight loss i learned to settle for a lot of things included sub par standards for myself, less then adequate happiness and unmeasurable amounts of self confidence. Its from years of not seeing my self worth, believing I deserved less and not knowing the difference. So why am I always searching now at a time of my life when I'm on top of my game? SIMPLE, because I stopped settling. I've reached a point in this process of self discovery that comes with the weight loss where my life now no longer resembles the life I had before and with each new lesson, each new discovery, I evolve as a person. With each new phase in my life has come higher standards, higher expectations for my mind, my body and my spirit. Am I in a constant state of discontent? NO, I simply learned to recognize new areas in my life that need improvement and work to improve them and the stronger I get in mind body and soul, the higher I set my standards for myself and my happiness. Don't be afraid of evaluating your own standards in life, embrace each phase of self discovery and celebrate the moments when you no longer settle for less.

2 comments:

Maggie Wheeler said...

That's right! You do deserve more! I've seen you settle for a lot of crappy stuff, and I'll hold your feet to the fire now. Go get what you deserve!

Anna said...

AMEN sister! I know my time will come...I know I am worth it...just gotta quit settling. Thanks for writing this!

Post a Comment

Followers