Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

NYNL - first post Taking Back the Control

This challenge is not just about weight loss for me, its about working through the "stuff" that is in my way right now of succeeding so my posts are not only going to be about my food and workouts, but also about the emotional workouts I'll be doing along the way. Today is day one of the challenge and my food has been spot on, i'm even back on track recording everything in my food journal at mytrainerbob.com, something I had drifted away from. I sat down yesterday and did some number crunching. I calculated my basic metabolic rate - the calories I eat and that is my calorie deficit without working out. I then figured out on average how many lbs I needed to lose per a week to reach my goal X 3500 because thats how many cals in a lb. then subtracted my BMR calorie deficit and that told me exactly how many calories I need to burn in my workouts... i know it sounds a little complicated but its really not. This gave me a good starting place for where I need to be shooting for daily. So now I am back to having a daily plan. I seek comfort in knowing that I have a direction to move towards. Today I have been doing a lot of thinking about the past. Somewhere in my life, I learned that your past had to dictate everything you did in your future and for the first time today, I realized that it does not! Because I made mistakes in the past does not mean I must make the same mistakes in the future, because I was a bad friend in the past does not mean I need to be a bad friend in the future, because I had low standards for myself in the past does not mean I need to keep those standards in my future. And the best part about it is that yesterday is my past, the beginning of this blog is my past, EVERY second we are given the opportunity to start over. Its just a matter of us taking that opportunity and moving forward or ignoring it and waisting time dwelling on things you cannot change or do over. I have the opportunity to learn from the past but not let it dictate my future and my future is now. It is a powerful place to be in when you decide to take control of all aspects of your life, not just one or two and so today I am celebrating taking back the control in my own life.

2 comments:

the Poet Laureate said...

The Past. The past is a strong barrier to break. Believe me, I've been there.It is a ghost from the past that I have been trying to vanquish for so long. Yet, even after his passage into the hereafter I continue to look over my back. Breaking free of the past is a long, slow progression. The key is to surround yourself with a strong support team. I just want you to know that I am here. Whenever you need me. I am here. :)

Cindi Roberson said...

I look forward to seeing you succeed Lex. You have spurred me to get more organized with my weight loss. Set a goal, created plan. Thanks

Post a Comment

Followers