Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Loving My Village

I haven't gone away! Things have been CRAZY on my end, to catch everyone up, in a matter of what seemed like seconds - marathon training took off, I got a new job and I moved into my own place and I just got internet YAY! Marathon training has had a few hiccups. I had a stress fracture scare with my hip but an MRI revealed it was Bursitis and a lot of muscular weaknesses on top of a really bad over pronation in my gate! Thats a lot of stuff to work out but I'm glad I found out now and not a month before race day! I've been waking up at 4am to put in an hour and a half of physical therapy before work and its been working wonders. Today is my first day using the corrective inserts in my running shoes to correct the over pronating and so far so good. I spent two weeks not running and am having a little bit of a difficult time getting back on track. Last night was supposed to be a 4mile run and I was just too tired to do it so I cooked some healthy meals and went to bed early instead... not a bad choice if you ask me! As for my job, I LOVE it. I'm the membership and continuing education coordinator for the National Cancer Registrars Association. In a matter of days I got signed up to train with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I landed a job at NCRA so I guess you can say fate took me into the business of kicking Cancer's ass. For awhile, a long while, my food choices were CRAZY, it was like I totally forgot how to eat normally. I think a lot of it was the stress of being unemployed for what seemed like years ( but wasn't really that long in the grand scheme of things) and then all the sudden have everything explode in my life - in a good way but an explosion none the less. I am so happy to say that after weeks of bad choices, I'm finally back on track. Beyond being on track with food, I'm on track mentally which is where the food issues start to begin with. I haven't done a progress pic in awhile so its on this week's list of things to do. Saturday's long run is only 8 miles but next weekend it goes up to 14... that means I'm over half way there! Its crazy to think that I could just wake up and go finish a half marathon no problem... that's pretty mind blowing!! What really kills me is that I'm getting FASTER! I've cut off 2 min. on my pace time which is just crazy since I'm running twice the distance... I can't say enough how much Team in Training has helped me from the coaches to the mentors and my beloved pace group that ignores me when I start to bitch and pushed me when I wanna slow down. They say it takes a village to raise a child, well I believe it also takes a village to train for a marathon and I LOVE MY VILLAGE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers