Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pick Up and Keep Going

Well this blog was supposed to be written yesterday and it was going to be written about setting goals but that will have to wait! As many of you know, I had a running accident yesterday. My shoe caught two brick tiles that were buckled up and it threw me onto the pavement. I ended up taking a trip to the ER to get my wrist checked out because it was questionable if I had broken it but I am glad to say it was not. I came away with road rash covering my left leg, a scrapped up right knee, a bruised hip, roadrashed hands, and badly sprained wrist haha I like to think of them as battle scars! There is a big lesson here -which is why this blog is not about goal setting! When I fell, there was a bus full of people coming home from work. As soon as I hit the pavement, I looked around to see which valiant person was going to come to my rescue and help me up... and to my shock ( and horror) no one even motioned towards me or called to see if I was alright. I was clearly injured and yet no one offered me help. I sat there for two seconds in total shock and then it hit me harder than I hit the ground, I AM HERE TO PICK MYSELF UP AND KEEP GOING, its going to hurt but it had to be done. While the fact that no one seemed at all concerned was a bit rude, it was not a statement of helplessness for me. I knew I had to pick myself up and get moving back home where I could then tend to my wounds and sitting there waiting for someone else to come help me was wasted time that I needed to spend taking care of myself. Everyone falls in their life, be it on pavement, on their diet plan, financially or in any other aspect of life. Too often we waste time looking around for someone to come pick us up but the reality of it all is that its just waisted time when you can do it yourself. It may hurt but you can do it! I didn't wait for a TV show, some crazy medical intervention, or until I could afford a gym membership and personal trainers to take back my life and you shouldn't either. I was out running yesterday because I was having an awful day and while it might seem like falling and having to go to the hospital would have made an already bad day even worse, it turned out to be a great reminder that in all of life's problems, I am here to pick myself up and keep going even when it hurts... I always seem to find the answers while running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers