Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Days 4..5..& oh oh

The Hawaiian word to describe delicious food or that craving for delicious food is Ono - pronounced OH NO... its no wonder! Ok so here's the deal, eating out all the time is NOT as easy as I thought I could make it! Not only do I have so little control as to what goes into my meals in terms of salt and stuff, but I also seem to be lacking the self control the past few days. Sticking to this challenge has been HARD. When everyone around me is snacking on food, i feel like I need to snack too and one of the worst side effects of not eating the food I'm use to is that those processed carbs and very little veggies don't keep you full for long. The past few days I've been tired, sluggish, cranky, puffy ( from all the salt) and HUNGRY... not a great way to spend time with family and friends. The only good part about this all is that every meal, I have been giving away the extra food to someone who needs one. I could have easily not said anything on my blog about this, knowing full well that people are reading this but then that wouldn't be being honest with myself. Here's the deal people, First, old habits die hard. It didn't take much for me to go from flax seed and tofu to greasy salty frosted CRAP. The food has made me physically ill and yet I continued to eat it anyway. That is a HUGE wake up call for me. It is so easy to slip back into those old patterns. I spent 23 years of living my life that way and have only had 9 months to practice the new ones. The difference between then and now is that now, i know i have to regain control and I know I have the strength and skills to do it. Tomorrow is a new day for me, one that could be filled with wise choices or poor choices but ultimately they are my choice. Tomorrow I am choosing to make wise choices and learn from my mistakes of the past few days. Second - What an eye opener to how food effects my body. I went from eating whatever whenever to being on a strict calorie counting eating plan and have only strayed a handful of times ( and only in the past few weeks). It wasn't until eating virtually every dinner out that I was conscious of feeling things like how quickly processed carbs make you feel hungry, what a sugar crash feels like, how fat and meat products can make you feel sluggish, and how the salt in your food leaves you thirsty and craving more salty foods. Lastly, sleep has been a huge issue.. i'm not getting enough of it which is why i am behind on emails, voicemails and blog posts... and it is also why I'm falling asleep at my computer. Its time for sleep so I can start off the day with a clean slate! NITE!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers